Aloe Vera for Improving Overall Health
Aloe vera is an excellent addition to a healthy maintenance regimen, and some of its most well-known benefits include:
- helps support a healthy digestive system
- helps sustain and promote healthy regularity
- supports a healthy immune system
- assists antioxidant support
- reduces toxins in the body
- supports normal muscle and joint functions
- moisturizes and hydrates the skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juices and Gels
Studies of a generic aloe commissioned by the International Aloe Science Council confirm that taking daily vitamin supplements with aloe vera juice instead of water can improve the bioavailability (absorption) of the supplements. One study showed an increase of over 204% absorption of Vitamin C & E when using generic aloe gel (fillet). Another study showed an increase of 210% absorption of Vitamin C and 180% of Vitamin B12 when using generic aloe juice (fillet). Generic whole leaf juice resulted in 140% increase of Vitamin C and 160% increased absorption of vitamin B12.
Aloe vera can promote healthier skin. Aloe researchers also report that aloe can hydrate through three epidermal layers of the skin when used topically. Aloe provides the benefit of driving nutrients and other constituents into the deeper layers of the skin, which promotes epidermal health. Aloe vera can be used to:
- Provide hydration to the skin
- Promote an attractive, refreshed and healthy appearance
- Reduce the appearance of damaged skin
- Cool and soothe the skin after prolonged sun exposure
Most aloe topical products at retail stores contain less than 1% – 10% aloe vera in creams, lotions, and other body products. Studies have shown that a minimum of 30% concentration of aloe is necessary to receive the benefits of aloe. Lily of the Desert topical products contain up to 99% organic aloe vera.